Friday, August 19, 2011

Designer Inspiration: Oscar de la Renta








As my last post suggests I am looking for inspiration, so who better to look to then those who do it best: the designers.  It is through their vision and magic, that our minds and wardrobes are truly transformed.  I rarely ever walk away from a runway or after viewing a collection feeling uninspired, so today I draw inspiration from one of the greats: Oscar de la Renta, he is a world renowned designer, known across the globe.  His collections project class, impeccable taste and a global perspective.  Lucky for us, he is local, being an American citizen and all, so we get the pleasure of calling him one of America’s Top Designers.  This season his line was wonderfully feminine and wearable, with soft fabrics and contrasting accents.  I will definitely being thinking of this line as I pull my looks together for the rest of the summer.  Here are a few inspirational looks from his Spring/Summer 2011 collection.      








No comments:

Post a Comment