Get the Look:
Dress: Ross- Kenneth Cole (similar)
Bracelets: Target- $4 & $4 (similar)
Sandals: Ross $12 (similar)
Summer is drawing down, and school is just around the corner, my son was visiting for the summer and we only had a few more outings before he heads back to school, so we squeezed in one last trip to Bethany Beach just as the season ends. Maybe you’re your like me and you are planning another road trip to retreat with your friends! Wherever you plan to roam, here are 5 tips from Women of Faith to make your trip a good one.
- If you’re traveling by car or RV, have your vehicle serviced to make sure it’s road-worthy. Check your tire pressure—all your tires, including the spare. (While you’re at it, make sure you’ve got everything you need to change a flat . . . just in case.)
- Take plenty of breaks; experts recommend stopping every couple of hours—in a safe place, of course. Get out and walk around. Do a few stretches. It will keep you more alert and more comfortable.
- Save money (and avoid empty calories) by packing a cooler of healthy snacks and drinks. If you get hungry on a long, deserted stretch of road you’ll have food at your fingertips…and if you see a roadside fruit stand along the way, the cooler will give you a place to stash those fresh-off-the-tree peaches.
- Create a road trip playlist or pack plenty of CDs of upbeat music to help you stay awake and energized. Or consider taking along audio books—nothing makes the time go by like someone telling you a good story.
Here are a few pics from out trip and I got to knock a few items off my Living the Suite Life in 100 Ways like:
- #6. Take a vacation with kids
- #58. Take a road trip with the family and take a lot of pictures
- #66. Build a giant sand castle or merman
- #90. Go to the beach
We had better luck turning Jalen into a merman then building our sandcastle but it was fun. I know he looks a mess but don't worry the sand came off and so we took a nap. This was a great trip!